Since the pandemic, many photography and art clubs have transitioned from live presentations to virtual presentations on zoom. Not being restricted to traveling to local venues, I have been able to present to Art and Photo Clubs all across the nation. I will continue to expand my offerings for the upcoming season. Many dates are already reserved. Feel free to contact me for more information if your club is interested in having me share a presentation.
I excited that a museum in Georgia has contacted me yesterday and has booked a presentation on Still Life. It will be a hybrid event with the audience watching the talk virtually in the museum and some members watching virtually at home. I'm really excited to share some insight and inspiration wit the group. (Details will be share soon!).
Below is a detailed description of some of the presentations that I offer~
STILL LIFE PHOTOGRAPHY
Mark Battista, a nationally recognized Fine Art Photographer and Painter, will discuss the “Art of Still Life Photography” and share his approach for creating images that tell a story, communicate an idea, and express a mood.
Topics covered will include:
· The History of Still life
· Composition For Impact
· Shooting with Intent
· Light Options: Speedlight, window light and constant light
· Creating a Hierarchy of Interest
· Working Through a Shot
· Creating a Series/ Finding Inspiration
· Still life as Metaphor and Symbol
COMPOSTION WITH INTENT
Mark Battista, Artist and Fine Art Photographer, will share his insight on composition to create images that tell a story, effectively communicate an idea and express an emotion. Come explore ways of taking your photography to a whole new level through the use of compositional strategies to create more visually impactful images. Mark’s years of training and working as a painter has influenced how he arranges elements in his photographic images. Discover ways of composing inspired by master painters of the past and learn how to apply those skills to your photographic imagery.
Topics covered include:
· THE ELEMENTS OF ART
· PRINCIPALS OF DESIGN
· Creating a focal point through contrast of tone, color or area of focus
· Point of view/ framing a subject
· Balance and visual weight vs. "Rules"
DEVELOPING CREATIVITY and EXPLORING MOTION AND GESTURE (This is a 2 part presentation delivered together.)
Join Mark Battista, Painter and Fine Art Photographer, in this two part presentation which explores ways to create concepts and images that stretch the imagination. Learn ways to think and shoot “outside the box”. The first part of this presentation will focus on the topic of creativity.
Topics addressed will include”
· Develop strategies for thinking creatively
· Ways to generate unique ideas
· Discover sources of inspiration
· Explore approaches to visual problem solving
The second part of the presentation will feature, “Exploring Motion and Gesture in Photography”. We will look at ways to capture and express the element of motion in our imagery. Typically, photographers use the camera to freeze a specific moment in time. Discover ways of manipulating the settings in your camera to create impressionistic images that convey energy and a sense of motion.
Topics covered will include:
● To explore movement and gesture as a subject in photography.
● Discuss various approaches for creating a sense of movement.
● Suggested camera settings.
● Embracing the element of chance / setting up for success.
● Conceptualizing creating the shots as problem solving.